Aldi has great prices on lots of food staples (their milk is ALWAYS cheaper than anywhere else) and some weeks when I just need a few things and I don’t feel like playing the “coupon game”, Aldi is my choice of stores to shop at.
Here are some things you need to know if you’ve never shopped at Aldi before:
- Make sure you have a quarter so you can get a cart – you get it back when you return your cart
- Bring your own bags or you can purchase reusable bags at the checkout lane.
- Aldi does not accept coupons, mainly because 95% of Aldi’s products are their own in-house brand (they are like one big “store brand” store).
- They only accept cash and debit cards
- Be prepared to bag your own items at the sacking table. They will ring everything up and place it into another buggy at the end of the lane. After you pay you take it to the bagging area and bag them up yourself.
All these things are ways that Aldi cuts their overhead costs so they can pass the savings on to you.